Skip to Content
This page describes the results and outcomes from Massey’s annual student surveys. The main survey we administer to students is the annual Student Experience Survey (SES). The results and other outcomes are reported here.
2017 Student experience survey results
Every year we produce a dashboard of results that staff can filter depending on what they are looking at. This reports the results of the SES in two pages; one for experiences /teaching and learning, and the other for services you may have used. From there the results get dispersed amongst service providers and programme leaders. From there all sort of ideas get discussed, projects get formulated and or services get reviewed, refined or they may even just stay the same. See the overall University SES by clicking on the pdf link - SES_2017 (307 KB)
In many instances we contribute data to some of the larger projects underway. Some of the big projects include:
· Reviewing student – based communication and academic advice processes
· Reviewing the way we use Digital technologies for teaching
· Reviewing the post grad student experience especially in relation to supervisors, research environment and financial issues
Slightly smaller but perhaps just as important in recent times was the provision of data for:
· Activities provided by our Rec Centres
· Issues associated with catering
· Base+ evaluation (if you happen to be a BA student)
· Museum café if you happen to be in Wellington
· Student experience with our Disability Service. Very important and useful if you need that service.
· And of course our library service. That’s an ongoing activity for our most highly rated service.
In 2018 one of the things we are looking closely at are the digital resources you utilise for learning. This is particularly important for our distance students but impacts on every student of course.
So I hope that helps explain what we do with the results. They are important and they do make a difference.
For any further information please contact the manager of the Student Survey and Evaluation Unit email@example.com
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Monday 29 October 2018