Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Foundation Certificate in Advanced Academic English requires that the candidate will have:
(a) met the University admission requirements as specified, except for the specified English language competency requirements; and
(b) achieved an IELTS of at least 5.5 across all bands or equivalent within the preceding year; and
(c) received an offer of place for a programme of study at Massey University which is conditional only on the achievement of the required level of English language competence.
2. Candidates for the Foundation Certificate in Advanced Academic English shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 72 credits from the schedule to the qualification.
3. The Foundation Certificate in Advanced Academic English is awarded without specialisation.
4. A candidate's programme of study may not exceed two academic years from date of first enrolment in a course to be credited to the Foundation Certificate in Advanced Academic English.
5. Candidates may be awarded the Certificate when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|192.030||Advanced Academic Reading and Writing I||18 credits|
|192.031||Advanced Academic Language Skills and Conventions I||18 credits|
|192.032||Advanced Academic Reading and Writing II||18 credits||P 192.030|
|192.033||Advanced Academic Language Skills and Conventions II||18 credits||P 192.031|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 06 September 2019