Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Advanced Intensive English requires that the candidate will have:
(a) an ability to read and write in any language;
(b) been placed into the qualification on the basis of an assessment of their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English;
(c) completed education to the equivalent of at least NCEA Level 1.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Advanced Intensive English shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 72 credits from the schedule to the qualification.
3. There are no specialisations for this qualification.
4. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
5. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|192.089||Advanced Reading and Writing||18 credits|
|192.090||Expressing Complex Ideas and Relationships||18 credits|
|192.091||Accessing the Community||18 credits|
|192.092||Advanced Reading and Writing (Special Topic)||18 credits|
|192.095||English for Academic Purposes: Advanced||18 credits|
|192.096||Extending Language Skills and Strategies for Tertiary Studies||18 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 06 September 2019