Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Graduate Diploma in Science and Technology requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree, or equivalent; or
(c) have been admitted to the qualification on the basis of equivalent relevant professional experience.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Science and Technology shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits comprising:
(a) at least 75 credits at 300 level or higher;
(b) a selection of courses approved by the Academic Board (or its delegate) from the Schedule to the Qualification; and including:
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Graduate Diploma in Science and Technology is not awarded with an endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Science and Technology or Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
120.219 Plants and People 15 credits
128.300 Ergonomics/Human Factors: Work, Performance, Health and Design 15 credits
145.214 Social Change and Environment 15 credits
145.216 Urban Environments 15 credits
145.218 Development and Inequality 15 credits
145.224 Biogeography 15 credits
145.301 Research Practice in Human Geography 15 credits
145.311 Geographies of Globalisation 15 credits
145.318 Geopolitics 15 credits
152.261 International Business 15 credits
160.320 Mathematics in Education 15 credits
175.201 Social Psychology 15 credits
178.360 Natural Resource and Environmental Economics 15 credits
196.317 Community and Ecosystem Ecology 15 credits
P Two 199.2xx/196.2xx courses
196.326 Topics in Marine Ecology 15 credits
P Any two 200-level courses from prefixes 194, 196, 199.
228.212 Engineering Practice 4: Materials & Manufacturing 15 credits
P (141.211 or 228.211), 228.271 and 2 of 123.271, 280.271, 281.281, 282.260, 281.273 C (123.201, 280.201, 280.272) or (159.270, 281.272, 281.282) R 141.212
234.327 Investigating Sports Performance 15 credits
P Any 30 credits at 200-level from the 234.2xx range of courses C Any 30 credits at 300-level from the 234.3xx range of courses R 234.338 (or 152.376), 234.316, 234.302
234.361 Exercise Psychology 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019