Skip to Content
Closing date: 1 November
This scholarship was established by the New Zealand Grain and Seed Trade Association in 2010 to provide assistance to students undertaking courses which relate to the grain and seed industry in New Zealand.
1. One scholarship will be offered annually to a full-time student studying at either Massey University or Lincoln University. The value of the scholarship shall be $5000, and paid work can also be arranged for the successful applicant during their summer break on an enterprise selected by the New Zealand Grain and Seed Trade Association if the recipient is interested, probably involved with plant breeding research. Wages for this work will be paid for by the Association.
2. Massey University applicants for the scholarship will be in their second year of study towards a Bachelors degree relevant to the grain and seed industry, probably either an agricultural major within the Bachelor of AgriScience or Bachelor of Science degrees, or in a Bachelor of AgriCommerce degree. Applicants must also be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
3. Selection for the award shall be based on the academic merit of the applicants and also their interest in the grain and seed industry in New Zealand.
4. The best Massey University applicant shall be selected by the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee in consultation with a member of the NZ Grain and Seed Trade Association. Likewise Lincoln University shall select their best applicant, and the NZ Grain and Seed Trade Association will then decide which of these two applicants will receive the award.
5. The NZ Grain and Seed Trade Association may refrain from making an award if it finds no candidate of sufficient merit.
6. The scholarship is tenable for one year. It will be paid in two equal instalments during the year following application, in May and September, provided that the recipient has made satisfactory academic progress and is participating in a combination of papers of relevance to the grain and seed industry.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Please send applications to
Application cannot be accepted before 01/08/2019.Download an application form
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 18 June 2019