Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work with Honours or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits at 700-level, comprising courses selected from the Schedule for the Qualification.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, and at the discretion of Academic Board, students exiting the Doctor of Social Work may have a personal programme variation approved in excess of stated limits, to meet the requirements of the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work through substitution of courses from the schedule to that degree.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. For general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
179.702 Advanced Research Methods 30 credits
179.736 Substance Misuse and Addictions 30 credits
179.740 Social Service Supervision: Theory and Practice 30 credits
179.741 Social Service Management 30 credits
179.742 Learning in Social Service Supervision 30 credits
179.761 Current Issues and Theories in Social Service Practice 30 credits
179.763 Clinical Practice 30 credits
179.771 Child Welfare 30 credits
179.773 Disability Studies 30 credits
179.777 Disability, Consumer Rights and Advocacy 30 credits
179.778 Mental Health and Social Work 30 credits
179.783 Māori Development and the Social Services 30 credits
279.703 Social Policy Studies 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020