Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have been awarded or qualified for:
(b) the Bachelor of Education, or equivalent; or
(c) any other Bachelor degree or equivalent, and hold a professional qualification in teaching; or
(d) any other Bachelor degree or equivalent, and have relevant professional experience.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses totalling at least 60 credits from the Schedule to the Certificate.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, subject to the approval of the Academic Board variation in excess of the limits specified in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates are permitted.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
253.750 Counselling Theory30 credits
253.753 Guidance in Education30 credits
253.754 Family and Couples Counselling30 credits
253.755 Culture and Counselling30 credits
254.702 Facing Big Questions in Education30 credits
254.706 Advanced Studies in Curriculum Policy and Practice30 credits
254.744 Educational Issues Among Pacific Islands Peoples in New Zealand30 credits
254.773 Educational Policy Analysis30 credits
254.774 Evaluation of Educational Organisations30 credits
254.775 Management of Human Resources in Educational Organisations30 credits
257.766 Leading TESOL in Diverse Contexts30 credits
257.767 Current Issues and Innovations in TESOL Leadership30 credits
257.769 Teaching Content to English Language Learners30 credits
258.720 Foundations of Literacy Education30 credits
258.721 Teaching Students with Literacy Learning Difficulties30 credits
258.722 The Nature, Prevention and Remediation of Literacy Learning Difficulties30 credits
258.723 Teaching Writing in the Classroom30 credits
259.771 Educational Leadership in Action30 credits
259.772 Theory and Process in Educational Leadership30 credits
259.780 Language Policy and Assessment30 credits
261.760 Digital Education and Design for Learning30 credits
261.764 Foundations of Digital Education30 credits
261.765 Trends in Digital Education30 credits
261.766 Teaching and Digital Education30 credits
262.751 Theory and Foundations of Gifted and Talented Education30 credits
263.701 Enhancing Teacher Learning and Mentoring30 credits
263.704 Advanced Studies in Motivation and Learning30 credits
263.705 Assessment for Learning and Teaching30 credits
263.706 Adolescent Learning and Engagement30 credits
265.736 Quality in Early Years Education30 credits
265.737 Young Children and Their Families30 credits
265.738 Children's Play and Learning in an Intentional Teaching Practice30 credits
265.740 Advanced Studies on Learning in the Early Years30 credits
267.740 Mixed Methods Research in Education15 credits
269.711 Policy and Development in Māori Education30 credits
269.733 Mana Motuhake: Contemporary Issues in Māori & Indigenous Education30 credits
269.734 Mana Whānau: Whānau Engagement in Education30 credits
269.735 Mana Kura: Leadership in Māori Education30 credits
269.736 Mana Matauranga: Indigeneity, Innovation & Information30 credits
273.722 Adult Learning: Myths and Realities30 credits
273.723 Cultures and Learning: Diversity in Tertiary Education30 credits
273.724 The Expert Teacher of Adults: Principles and Practice30 credits
273.784 Learning and Teaching in Tertiary Education30 credits
273.785 Assessment and Evaluation in Tertiary Education30 credits
276.700 Developing Mathematical Inquiry Communities30 credits
276.731 STEM in Education and Society30 credits
276.782 Mathematics Education30 credits
276.784 Current Issues in Teaching Mathematics30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 20 September 2019