Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Bachelor of Creative Media Production requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Degree of Bachelor of Creative Media Production shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling 360 credits, comprising:
(a) a minimum of 285 credits as specified in the Schedule to the Qualification; and
(b) up to 75 credits from any other courses offered by the University;
(c) a maximum of 150 credits at 100 level;
(d) at least 90 credits at 200 level;
(e) at least 105 credits at 300 level;
(f) a maximum of 30 credits from Special Topic courses.
3. The Bachelor of Creative Media Production is awarded without specialisation.
4. Candidates may include a minor from any other undergraduate degree within the University for which recognised minors are specified, in accordance with the requirements for the minor as specified in the regulations of the qualification from which the minor has been drawn.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded an alternative qualification should they meet the relevant qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
8. All candidates enrolled in the Bachelor of Creative Media Production before 1 January 2018 who have completed any or all of 152.230 Entrepreneurship, 289.202 Media Innovation and Creativity, and 289.207 Post-production Development may substitute the course or courses for up to three of 289.220 Working with Scripted Material, 289.221 Portfolio and Dissemination, and 15 credits from Compulsory Course Selection 200 level in the Schedule to the Degree.
9. All candidates enrolled in the Bachelor of Creative Media Production before 1 January 2018 who have completed 152.333 New Venture Project and 289.301 Portfolio and Dissemination may substitute these courses for 289.307 Critical Response and Reflection and 15 credits from Compulsory Course Selection 300 level in the Schedule to the Degree.
10. All candidates enrolled in the Bachelor of Creative Media Production before 1 January 2018 who have completed both 289.304 Major Project Production and 289.305 Major Project Post-Production may substitute these two courses for 289.306 Major Project Production.
11. The transitional arrangements in Regulations 8 -10 expire on 31 December 2020.
|154.101||Introduction to Media Studies||15 credits|
|154.120||Transmedia Narrative and Storytelling||15 credits|
|289.204||Cross-Media Production||15 credits||P Two of 289.101, 289.102, 289.103, 289.104, 289.105, 289.106, 289.107, 289.108, 289.110, 289.111, 289.112, 289.113, 289.114|
|289.206||Media Production Development||15 credits||P 289.204|
|289.220||Working with Scripted Material||15 credits|
|289.221||Portfolio and Dissemination||15 credits||P Three of 289.101, 289.102, 289.103, 289.104, 289.105, 289.106, 289.107, 289.108, 289.110, 289.111, 289.112, 289.113, 289.114|
|289.302||Major Project Innovation Lab||15 credits||P 289.204|
|289.303||Major Project Pre-production||15 credits||P 289.206 C 289.302|
|289.306||Major Project Production||45 credits||P 289.302|
|289.307||Critical Response and Reflection||15 credits||C 289.306|
|289.101||Introduction to Web and Mobile Media||15 credits|
|289.102||Visualisation for Media Production||15 credits|
|289.103||Introduction to Computer Animation||15 credits|
|289.104||Introduction to Visual Effects and Motion Graphics||15 credits|
|289.105||Introduction to Digital Video Production||15 credits|
|289.106||Introduction to Game Technologies and Mechanics||15 credits|
|289.107||Introduction to Audio Production and Sound Design||15 credits|
|289.108||Introduction to Animatronics and Modelling||15 credits|
|289.110||Introduction to Time-based Editing||15 credits|
|289.111||Introduction to 3D Modelling and Texturing||15 credits|
|289.112||Introduction to Film and Video on Location||15 credits|
|289.113||Intro to Prototyping for Interactive Projects||15 credits|
|289.114||Intro to Programming for Interactive Projects||15 credits|
|289.115||Introduction to Producing and Directing||15 credits|
|289.208||Computer Animation Production||15 credits||P 289.103|
|289.209||Visual Effects Production||15 credits||P 289.104|
|289.210||Game Technologies Project||15 credits||P 289.106|
|289.211||Video and Sound Production||15 credits||P 289.105|
|289.212||Web and Interactive Production||15 credits||P 1 of 289.101, 289.114, 197.119|
|289.308||Advanced Computer Animation Practice||15 credits||P 289.208|
|289.309||Advanced VFX Practice||15 credits||P 289.209|
|289.310||Advanced Game Practice||15 credits||P 289.210|
|289.311||Advanced Video and Sound Practice||15 credits||P 289.211|
|289.312||Advanced Web and Interactive Practice||15 credits||P 289.212|
|289.190||Creative Media Production Special Topic 1a||15 credits|
|289.191||Creative Media Production Special Topic 1b||15 credits|
|289.192||Creative Media Production Special Topic 1c||15 credits|
|289.202||Media Innovation and Creativity||15 credits|
|289.290||Creative Media Production Special Topic 2a||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
|289.291||Creative Media Production Special Topic 2b||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
|289.390||Creative Media Production Special Topic 3a||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 06 September 2019